IT Services Technician - Mowbray Education Trust
Closing date: Monday 5th June 2023
Are you ready for your next challenge? Interested in working for a Multi-Academy Trust and the Education Sector? Ready to progress to the next level? Then this is the role for you!
Mowbray Education Trust has an exciting opportunity for an IT Technician to join the IT team. You will work alongside the Group IT Services Manager and IT Technician to ensure the smooth running of the technical IT service across all schools within the Trust.
This role is permanent, working 37 hours a week, Monday – Thursday (8:30am – 4:30pm) and Friday (8:30am – 4:00pm). The role will be working all year round (52 weeks per year) and will be based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1LH.
The role of IT Technician will involve working across several different areas including (Not an exhaustive list):
- Service desk support
- Assist in the management of the Trust ICT computer facilities & software
- Assistance to staff and students using ICT - including software support
- ICT hardware installation and maintenance
- Maintaining accurate records
- SIMS and Data Management
Why join Mowbray Education Trust?
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude
- high aspiration for maintaining our Trust schools
- an extensive and personalised professional development programme
- a great sense of community and range of opportunities for staff and students
- opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
Mowbray Education Trust is located in Melton Mowbray, a rural market town in Leicestershire which is easily commutable from Grantham, Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, and Oakham.
About the Mowbray Education Trust
The Mowbray Education Trust (MET) is a family of schools dedicated to providing children with a first-class education. Based in Leicestershire and reaching far beyond, our settings support pupils throughout their education journey, providing them with the skills and knowledge to thrive and make a positive impact on society.
Our vision is to deliver first-class teaching and learning with integrity. This means that every young person attending our schools, regardless of background or ability, receives a first-class education.
Our Senior Leadership Team work collaboratively across the Trust to enhance each school, whilst allowing them to keep their own sense of individuality.
As our Trust grows, so does our need for talented, skilled individuals. Each of our employees bring a unique mindset, new ideas and positively impact the development of our Trust. We are therefore dedicated to:
- Creating our own
- Growing our own
- Inspiring our own
- Retaining our own
And of Course, Children First!
For more information about our Trust and schools please visit our website: https://www.mowbrayeducation.org
Our Trust Employee Benefits
- High quality continuous professional development throughout the year
- Career progression opportunities within the Trust
- Occupational sick pay, maternity, and paternity pay
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free eye care tests
- On-site parking (JFC/BR/SRD/GRV)
- Employee wellbeing schemes
- Accessible central services including HR, finance and IT
- A minimum of 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary £21,192 - £21,579 per annum
- Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- 31 days’ annual leave per year including public holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Application deadline – Monday 5th June 2023
Interviews – TBC
Start date - as soon as possible.
For more information about our Trust and schools and to apply for this role, visit our website at: www.mowbrayeducation.org
For further information or for an informal chat please contact Bobby Wallace, Group IT Services Manager on: [email protected]
To apply for this role, please send your completed application form and the completed Equal Opportunities form to: [email protected]
Mowbray Education Trust reserves the right to close adverts early if sufficient applications are received.
All roles are subject to full pre-employment safeguarding checks, including an Enhanced DBS with Barred List check and 6-month probationary period.