Trust Estates Officer- Mowbray Education Trust
Closing date: Sunday 2nd April 2023
Trust Estates Officer– Mowbray Education Trust
Full time (permanent) – 37.0 hours per week
Salary- Grade 7- £22,782 (P11)- £24,057( P14) Dependent on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Trust Estates Officer to join the Estates Team. The Estates department is continuing to grow in line with the prospective school’s needs and requires an enthusiastic and passionate Trust Estates Officer. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good practical and organisational skills, a positive work ethic and knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and legislation. It is important that you are self-motivated and can support other team members and all schools within Mowbray Education Trust (MET)
The role will require you to work 37 hours per week all year round. Due to the nature of the role this may include some evenings and weekends and hours may fluctuate depending on Trust needs.
You will have GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above and have good communication and problem-solving skills.
The role of Trust Estates Officer will involve working across several different areas including:
- Ensuring the estate remains compliant with legislation.
- Ensuring the estate remains in a good state of repair, particularly in terms of structure, fabric and finishes.
- Ensuring the estate is secure and safe for staff, pupils and visitors.
- Monitoring the estates Inbox and reacting to any maintenance requests.
Why join Mowbray Education Trust?
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude
- high aspiration for maintaining our Trust schools
- an extensive and personalised professional development programme
- a great sense of community and range of opportunities for staff and students
- opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
Mowbray Education Trust is located in Melton Mowbray, a rural market town in Leicestershire which is easily commutable from Grantham, Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, and Oakham.
About the Mowbray Education Trust
The Mowbray Education Trust (MET) is a family of schools dedicated to providing children with a first-class education. Based in Leicestershire and reaching far beyond, our settings support pupils throughout their education journey, providing them with the skills and knowledge to thrive and make a positive impact on society.
Our vision is to deliver first-class teaching and learning with integrity. This means that every young person attending our schools, regardless of background or ability, receives a first-class education.
Our Senior Leadership Team work collaboratively across the Trust to enhance each school, whilst allowing them to keep their own sense of individuality.
As our Trust grows, so does our need for talented, skilled individuals. Each of our employees bring a unique mindset, new ideas and positively impact the development of our Trust. We are therefore dedicated to:
- Creating our own
- Growing our own
- Inspiring our own
- Retaining our own
And of Course, Children First!
For more information about our Trust and schools please visit our website: https://www.mowbrayeducation.org
Our Trust Employee Benefits
- High quality continuous professional development throughout the year
- Career progression opportunities within the Trust
- Occupational sick pay, maternity, and paternity pay
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free eye care tests
- Onsite parking (JFC/BRW/SRD/GRV)
- Employee wellbeing schemes
- Accessible central services including HR, finance and IT
- A minimum of 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
Salary: £22,782- £24,057
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 02nd April 2023
Interviews: w/c 03rd April 2023
For more information about our school, please visit our website www.Mowbrayeducation.org
For a conversation about the role, please contact the Executive Lead for People and Development, Anna Butler: [email protected]
To apply for this role, please send your completed application form and the completed Equal Opportunities form to [email protected]
Mowbray Education Trust reserves the right to close adverts early if sufficient applications are received.
Mowbray Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all those working within the Trust to share this commitment. All roles are subject to full pre-employment safeguarding checks, including an Enhanced DBS with Barred List check.
Mowbray Education Trust ~ Children first