New Vacancy - Cover Supervisor
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Cover Supervisor who is passionate about teaching and learning to work at Brownlow Primary School.
This position is a fixed term contract until the end of this academic year (8th July 2022) working 30 hours per week (8.30 am – 3.30 pm), Monday – Friday, term time only plus the 5 INSET days (39 weeks). There is a possibility that this role may become permanent, however this is dependent on the needs of the school.
We are all focused on doing what is right for our children and pride ourselves on being highly inclusive. We nurture our children and staff to ensure everyone can grow and succeed.
Brownlow Primary school is: -
- An energetic and imaginative place where children behave well and share a love of learning.
- A forward-looking academy that embraces collaboration with our wider Trust schools to deliver an exciting and aspirational curriculum aimed at preparing our children for success and employment in the modern world.
- A place where all staff work hard to ensure the academy’s success through constantly striving to discover innovative teaching methods and demanding the best from our children and ourselves.
You will be required to cover classes for teaching staff by delivering pre-prepared lessons to a high standard, to ensure that student’s learning, development, and progress is maintained, and to lead enrichment and support groups for identified students.
You will have a NVQ Level 2 in learning support or equivalent and will have recent and relevant experience of working with children in the 4-11 age range. GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent is essential. You will also have the ability to understand and implement positive and effective behaviour strategies to improve whole class and individual behaviour creating a climate for learning. You will also have knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, Child Protection issues and procedures, including both statutory requirements and best practice.
About the Mowbray Education Trust
The Mowbray Education Trust (MET) is a multi-academy trust currently educating around 2,500 children from the age of 2 to 16 in the town of Melton Mowbray and surrounding villages in the Borough of Melton. The MET currently has one secondary school, five primary schools and one pre-school: with potential numerical and geographical growth in the future.
Melton Mowbray is a rural market town in Leicestershire which is easily commutable from Grantham, Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham and Oakham.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Ian Toon, Headteacher or Vicky Sellars and Sarah Child; Assistant Headteachers, for an informal discussion on 01664 562315. Visits are warmly welcomed.
The remuneration package includes a competitive salary, contributory public sector pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement: -
- Salary £10.62 - £11.27 per hour - £14,156 - £15,022 per annum (FTE £20,496 - £21,750 per annum)
- Local Government Pension scheme membership
- 5.44 weeks paid holiday entitlement rising to 6.44 weeks after 5 years’ continuous service
Application deadline – Sunday 9th January 2022 at Midnight.
Interviews – Week Commencing 17th January 2022
All roles are subject to full pre-employment safeguarding checks; including an Enhanced DBS with Barred List check – this includes a 6 month probationary period.